The PSG staff can all agree that a great podcast can make a morning commute to the office a time to look forward too. These are a few of our favorites:
- Armchair Expert, the interview-style podcast hosted by celebrity Dax Shepard, is popular around the office. Some of our favorite episodes feature Kristen Bell, Ashton Kutcher and David Sedaris.
- Colleen combines her love for podcasts and music by listening to NPR’s Live in Concert. This show features live shows of popular artists recorded by NPR at music festivals across the country.
- Tess is excited to check out Love Letters. Originally a column for the Boston Globe, this love and relationship podcast attempts to solve burning questions (like how to get over a breakup) by weaving together interviews and personal anecdotes.
- Nora enjoys listening to Hey YA, a biweekly show dedicated to all things young adult literature, as well as Deadly Manners, a murder-mystery scripted podcast featuring big-name stars like Kristen Bell, RuPaul, Anna Chlumsky and Denis O’Hare.
- Kate is always eager to listen to new podcasts. One of her favorites is the Renaissance English History Podcast. In this historical series, Heather Teysko shares her wealth of knowledge on the Tudors and the state of England during their rule.
- As for myself, I’ve been listening to Gossip, a scripted comedy series that chronicles the weekly “coffee dates” of three women, during which they recount the latest small-town gossip. Another one of my favorites is A Piece of Work, where Broad City’s Abbi Jacobson teams up with NYC’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) to discuss art.
Researching this post has left me with a lot of new podcasts to listen to. Let us know some of your favorites!